Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Music Makes Me Happy



This morning I asked my oldest daughter what makes her happy and this is what she said.
Marching band makes me happy. I asked her why and she said, she loves to make music. I have thought about this many times before, but to have my daughter tell me something that I have always believed made me want to post about it.

It is amazing what emotions music can give to you.

Sadness
Anger
Joy
Fear
Love
Happiness
Etc.

I recently read an article in Psychology today about a study done in Canada on how the brain works when listening to music. According to the article, just like when we eat and sleep, dopamine is released into our brains while listening to music. It is a beautiful thing we have. It is not known why music does this to us, but it does. 

I love music. I would dare say that it is one of the most important aspects in my life. It has saved me numerous times. I have a HUGE list of music that brings my soul happiness and joy. I have those that I listen to when I am having a rough time in my life. I love that music can reach my soul when I am so low that I can't find my way out of the darkness alone. I spend a majority of my week immersed in music things. I play the Saxophone with a quartet every week and I love to sing and am currently trying out for a couple of choirs. I could literally listen, sing, or play music all day. I just love it.

This video that I have added to this post was one that I found yesterday and it really hit me hard and I cried while listening to it.I have had several friends and family in situations such as portrayed in the video that it hit a special place in my heart and I was able to feel the emotions for those people as if they were right here in my presence. Music truly touches the hearts of all.

I hope you enjoy the video, I have also added it to the link list on the right side of the page. I hope you will listen to it and enjoy it whenever you need a good cry, or just want to enjoy a beautiful song. May this song and all music remind you that when life is hard, Don't let go. Keep trying. Have faith. Stay strong. You are all amazing people!

What are some of your favorite songs to listen to when you need a lift in your heart and spirit?

May music fill your souls with light and love every day!


Here is a link to some Psychology today articles on Music- There are a bunch of them! Enjoy!

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/why-music-moves-us

No comments:

Post a Comment